EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ON THE PARADISE CIRCUS CLOSURE
Paradise Circus will close in both directions from Monday 3 September 2018 and remain closed until summer 2019 – meaning disruption and diversions around the city. We strongly recommend you check out all the information within this blog before planning your journey to our venue!
We know a lot of you choose to drive to our arena, which is cool, but we want you to be aware of the Paradise Circus closure and how this may add some time onto your journey.
So, here's the lowdown on the works...
- The next stage of the Birmingham Westside Metro extension will commence in September 2018.
- In order to facilitate this stage of construction, Paradise Circus will close in both directions from Monday 3 September 2018 and remain closed until summer 2019.
- The A38 Queensway underpass, which runs beneath Paradise Circus, will remain open in both directions for the duration of the works to allow access to and from the Aston Expressway and M6.
- Traffic Marshals will be in place 24/7 to assist drivers wishing to access Holliday Street from Suffolk Street Queensway.
- During this next phase of construction, Centenary Square will also be closed to vehicles.
- Bus services using this route will be diverted via Sheepcote Street and Bath Row
So, with that being said, here's what we're recommending you do...
- Plan ahead
- Allow more time for journeys
- Travel to the venue as early as possible
- Also, please consider using public transport such as buses and trains for a smoother journey to our venue!
How can you keep up to date with latest info?
- There's an updated list of FAQs here which will answer all your queries
- You can find a diversion map here which will help you if you are driving
- You can follow Midland Metro Alliance on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news!
We just want to make sure you guys don't have a stressy journey to the venue and you get here on time - see you soon!